In our second episode, Donna and Yasmine are joined by stylist Samantha Harman to discuss first impressions, interview outfit suggestions and dressing for the job you want. Samantha is a qualified stylist and coach with a background in journalism. As the founder of The Style Editor she helps female founders, leaders, and women in corporate elevate their style and magnetise their personal brand.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Recommended interview outfit options to help you feel confident
- Why first impressions matter and dressing for the role you want is important for your career
- Samantha’s experience of finding her own confidence and personal brand as a woman in a male-dominated industry
- How the workplace has changed in the last few years
- The power of our clothing and colour choices and how they affect our mood and confidence
- Suggested building blocks for a young person’s starter wardrobe as they enter the professional workforce
If you enjoyed this episode, please take a moment to subscribe, share with a friend and leave us a 5-star review in the comments below or wherever you get your podcasts!
The Accountants' Recruiter is an award-winning boutique accounting and finance recruitment agency in Great Britain. Donna Barnes is the co-founder and owner, and Yasmine Hardcastle is the Marketing Manager. They look forward to sharing key insights, stories and experiences with you.
Job Hunting?* Visit our Jobs page for accounting and finance roles with top accountancy practices and in industry.
Hiring? Pop us a note to let us know how we can help at email@example.com.
*Please note that we are not able to work with candidates who require visa sponsorship. Candidates must be located in (and have the right to work in) the United Kingdom.