Senior Accountant – Slough
Are you an experienced accountant with extensive client-facing experience and are comfortable with VAT, corporate tax, and statutory accounts? Are you looking to join a thriving and profitable practice that is looking to expand? Our accounting practice client is actively seeking a Senior Accountant to be the second in command in the Slough area.
About the Role
As a Senior Accountant, you will be working closely with the director, speaking to clients, and doing predominantly VAT with some corporate tax and statutory accounts when required. The practice caters to sole traders, partnerships, and small businesses. In this role, you will:
- Assist the Director with business decisions
- Meet with clients and present their accounts to them
- Do a lot of work with VAT, as well as some corporate tax and statutory accounts
- Problem-solve, analyse, and advise clients
This role is based from the client’s Slough office and is predominantly office based, however flexi-time is offered.
Opportunity to progress: This is an excellent career development opportunity with potential for the right person to take on a leadership role (Director) role in the firm over time.
- ACCA qualified or QBE
- 5+ years of experience working within a practice
- Experience of confidently working in a client facing role
- Highly experienced in all things VAT related
- Comfortable working on corporate tax matters and statutory accounts
- Attention to detail, problem-solving skills
- Confident in sharing your ideas
- Experience with managing or supervising a team is advantageous
- Knowledge of Carbon would be great but not necessary
What’s in it for you?
- Role: Senior Accountant
- Location: Slough, in office most of the time
- Position: Full time, permanent, employed
- Salary: Up to £70k, DOE
- Benefits: Private medical cover, pension
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we’d love to see your CV — apply today!