Practice Manager – Norfolk
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant to take the next step in their career as Practice Manager of the growing team of a brilliant accounting Norfolk firm in Dereham. This position can either be full-time or part-time (30 hours per week).
About the Employer
The practice is part of a supportive, forward-thinking group of UK accounting firms with back office support from India. Operating since 1993, the firm now has a team of five staff in the UK and four in India.
Role & Responsibilities
As Practice Manager, you will be partially client-facing, but the main purpose of your role is running the business of the practice. Responsibilities will include:
- PROJECT – Maintaining and re-designing a new client onboarding system
- PROJECT – Clearing the backlog of the paper files, turn into digital/paperless office
- PROJECT – Preparing and enacting a plan for upcoming MTD for ITSA
- PROJECT – Set-up direct debit for clients, and call around to get them to sign up
- PROJECT – Manage new practice management software
- Mentoring existing client managers
- Sign out financial statements
- Client anti-money laundering checks, build the process
- Review work of the client managers (ad hoc)
- Quarterly management accounts preparation for the practice
- Annual statutory accounts preparation for the practice
- Quarterly VAT returns for the practice
- Monthly payroll and pension submission for the practice
- Fortnightly updates with the senior management team (executive committee)
- Attending quarterly group meetings at London head office to share ideas
- Making payments to suppliers
- Liaising with the external credit control department
- Liaising with the outsourcing firm for feedback
- Annual and salary reviews of the team
- Liaising with external HR firm
- Arrange for training for the team
- Create and maintain the social media for the practice, following group guidelines
- Project management and troubleshooting
- Liaise with suppliers
- Adhoc sales billing and WIP reports
- Liaising with internal IT firm on any IT issues that arise
Is this you?
You are either ACA or ACCA qualified with at least four years of post-qualification experience in a practice environment. You are passionate about customer service and people development, and you love software and technology.
- ACCA or ACA qualification is ideal, but QBE candidates will be considered
- 4-5 years of proven (ideally client-facing) post-qualification experience in a practice environment
- Strong working knowledge of CCH is desirable but not necessary
- Positive, personable and responsive
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience supervising, managing and developing team members
- Proactive with strategic project management and troubleshooting skills
- Other important criteria:
You are a resident of and have the right to work in the United Kingdom, without the need of visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
This is an incredible progression opportunity to run a fantastic practice as part of an innovative group company.
- Role: Practice Manager
- Location: Dereham, Norfolk
- Position: Full-time or part-time, permanent
- Salary: £35k – 52k FTE, DOE (pro rata for part time)
- 20 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Take your birthday off! (extra holiday day)
- Support from seven other offices in the group
- Absolutely amazing group annual parties
- Hybrid working after a period of settling in (specifics TBD)
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we’d love to see your CV — apply today!