Junior/Semi-Senior Accountant Cornwall
Are you studying accounting and looking to get more experience in practice? Would you love to join a close, friendly, forward-thinking team?
We are actively recruiting a Junior/Semi-Senior Accountant to join a tech-forward Cornwall firm in a remote or hybrid working capacity. It’s an excellent opportunity for a part of fully qualified AAT practitioner, ready to take the next step in their career.
Both full-time and part-time positions are considered. The salary is up to £30,000 (DOE) pro-rata for part time, with an excellent study support package.
About the role and workplace:
Our client is a family-owned, small, cloud-based firm in Bodmin, Cornwall. They are focused on adding value to their clients in ways that traditional accounting practices do not.
As a Junior/Semi-Senior Accountant, you will assist senior staff with statutory accounts, VAT, corporate tax matters and tax returns. You will have autonomy to get on with the work but also the support of a close team. The firm embraces technology and understands that accounting is so much more than just the numbers.
You’ll have a great work ethic and be ready to hit the ground running, first class time-management skills and good attention to detail. With a client facing role, you will be a confident communicator with the ability to build strong, professional relationships with clients and the team. You’ll be a self-starter and excited to become a part of a thriving team of friendly accountants. As a crucial part of the accountancy team, you’ll enjoy a wide variety of work and fitness your accounts and tax experience. In return, career progression opportunities are readily available and encouraged.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Part of fully AAT-qualified
- 2-3 years of experience within the accountancy practice sector
- Skills across accounts and general accountancy practice services
- Familiarity with cloud accounting software is an advantage
- Strong working knowledge of Sage, Excel, Word and ideally IRIS
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Flexible attitude to work and the ability to work as part of a busy team, to ensure the overall efficiency
- Effective team management skills to ensure that all jobs are completed efficiently and within budget
- Must be based and have the rights to work in the United Kingdom
Position: Junior/Semi-Senior Accountant, permanent, full or part-time are considered
Location – Remote or hybrid (but ideally in the South West, as there will be occasional travel to the office in Bodmin once a month)
Salary: £30,000 (pro rata for PT), DOE
Perks: Potential study support
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we would love to see your CV – apply today!