Junior / Semi-Senior Accountant – Bodmin
Are you studying accounting and keen to get more experience in practice? Would you love to join a friendly and forward-thinking team? We are actively recruiting a Junior/Semi-Senior Accountant to join a tech-forward Cornwall firm in a hybrid-working capacity. It’s an excellent opportunity for a part or fully qualified AAT practitioner in the Cornwall area, ready to take the next step in their career.
About the role and workplace
Our client is a family-owned, small, cloud-based firm in Bodmin, Cornwall. They are focused on adding value to their clients in ways that traditional accounting practices do not.
As a Junior/Semi-Senior Accountant, you will assist senior staff with statutory accounts, VAT, corporate tax matters and tax returns. You will have autonomy to get on with the work but also the support of a close team. The firm embraces technology and understands that accounting is so much more than just the numbers.
You’ll have a great work ethic and be ready to hit the ground running, first class time-management skills and good attention to detail. With a client-facing role, you will be a confident communicator with the ability to build strong, professional relationships with clients and the team. You’re a self-starter and excited to become a part of a thriving team of friendly accountants. As a crucial part of the team, you’ll enjoy a wide variety of work. In return, career progression opportunities are readily available and encouraged.
What you’ll bring to the table
- AAT Level 2 or higher
- 2-3 years of experience within the accountancy practice sector
- Skills across accounts and general accountancy practice services
- Familiarity with cloud accounting software is an advantage
- Strong working knowledge of Sage, Excel, Word and (ideally) IRIS
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Flexible attitude to work and the ability to work as part of a busy team, to ensure the overall efficiency
- Effective time management skills to ensure that all jobs are completed efficiently and within budget
- Must be based and have the right to work in the United Kingdom
What’s in it for you?
- Position: Junior/Semi-Senior Accountant, permanent, full or part-time are considered
- Location: Bodmin, Cornwall with the opportunity for working hybrid two days per week
- Salary: up to £27,000 DOE
- Perks: excellent study support package
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we would love to see your CV – apply today!