Bookkeeper – City of London (Hybrid)
Are you a self-starter with a joy for bookkeeping and a commitment to accuracy and detail? Are you passionate about wellbeing and fitness? We are seeking a highly organised and detail-oriented Bookkeeper to join the business operations team at one of London’s top fitness training companies. This is a unique London bookkeeper job opportunity that we are excited to share with you!
About the Workplace & Role
Our client is an award-winning trailblazer in Britain’s fitness industry, with state-of-the-art equipment, champion expertise and luxurious facilities at each of their five locations. At studios in London and internationally, their world-class coaches train elite athletes and clients looking to keep fit as they strive for excellence in their personal and professional lives. This Bookkeeper role will be based in their city centre location, providing sky-high city views and an exciting opportunity to work for a leader in London’s wellbeing and fitness space.
As Bookkeeper, you will be responsible for keeping the books fit. You will nurture the financial health of the company through accurate and timely bookkeeping, accounting, and financial reporting.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date financial records, including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and general ledger entries
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Generating financial reports and statements (income statements and balance sheets)
- Prepare month-end close journal entries (accruals, prepayments, deferred income and adjustments)
- Liaising with external accountants and assisting with the completion of quarterly VAT returns and other official paperwork related to the role
- Managing cash flow and accurate recording of financial transactions
- Reviewing finance processes in each entity to ensure that improvements are made continuously to help the businesses run more efficiently
- Assisting with the external audit processes
- Assisting with budget preparation and forecasting
What you bring to the table
- 2+ years of experience working in a similar bookkeeping/finance role
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of UK GAAP
- Extensive comprehensive working knowledge of bookkeeping software such as Xero and Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Nice to have:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is preferred but not required; AAT part or fully qualified are also encouraged to apply
- Experience with Mindbody software
- An interest in fitness is a plus but not required
- Immediate availability is a plus
What’s in it for you?
Work at one of London’s leading fitness facilities, where wellbeing is at the core of training and how they operate as a business (that’s where you will shine!).
- Role: Bookkeeper
- Location: City of London (hybrid* working will be considered for the right candidate, with 1-2 days WFH; to be discussed)
- Position: Full-time, permanent
- Salary: Up to £35,000 DOE
*Applicants must be located in the United Kingdom, with legal right to work.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we’d love to see your CV — apply today!