Audit & Accounts Senior – North London (Hybrid)
We are recruiting for a qualified or qualified-by-experience Audit & Accounts Senior to work within the audit department at a fantastic top North London accountancy practice. Join a leading chartered accountancy firm focused on top quality service and employee progression.
The workplace and role
Our client is a well-established firm specialising within the owner-managed business area across the UK. Their approach to growing their team goes beyond looking at CVs and examination history — they know that personality, enthusiasm, common-sense and a sense of humour (on top of the skills!) make for the right hire. Because of this, employees enjoy an office environment which is as sociable as it is professional.
In this role, you will assist the partners and managers in delivery of statutory audit and accounts preparation services, as well as manage and allocate work to audit trainees.
As the Audit and Accounts Senior your day-to-day will include:
- Planning and delivery of audit/accounts assignments
- Planning assignments in conjunction with the client partner or manager
- Leading some of our largest and most complex assignments
- Supervising junior staff during the audit and reviewing their work
- Delivering the audit file to the assignment manager or partner in a timely manner
- Managing client communication in effective manner
- Proactive monitoring of your chargeability and your assignment budgets
- Coaching other staff for improved performance and technical development
What you bring to the table
As well as the usual experience and qualifications, you bring personality, enthusiasm, common-sense and a sense of humour to your work. (Very important for this client!)
- Proven experience of OMB/SME private company audits (planning, budget preparation, identifying key risks, developing an audit plan, executing the audit on site)
- Knowledge of and experience with current auditing standards and approaches (analytical review, documenting systems and controls, sampling techniques)
- Significant prior experience of statutory company accounts preparation under UK GAAP, and also charities, friendly societies, solicitors and LLPs
- Knowledge of IFRS would be useful, but is not essential
- Experience of preparing and auditing consolidated accounts
- Experience with supervising nteams on-site and reviewing their work
- Experience of preparing budgets and monitoring actual time against budget
- ACA/ACCA qualified or QBE
As an Audit & Accounts Senior, you have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- A strong interest in owner-managed businesses and general commercial awareness
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
As a Personal Audit Senior, you are:
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Courteous and professional
What’s in it for you?
Work at a leading chartered accounting firm with a sociable atmosphere where development and team progression make for top quality client service.
- Job title: Audit & Accounts Senior
- Type of employment: Full time
- Location: Golders Green (North London), hybrid working
- Salary: Up to £40,000, DOE
- Opportunity to pursue professional qualifications and progress your career to its full potential.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? We’d love to see your CV — apply today!