Accountant – South London (Hybrid)
The Accountants’ Recruiter are pleased to exclusively recruit for an Accountant to join the growing team at Co-Accounting in South London. Co-Accounting is looking for a friendly, experienced Accountant who is keen to further progress their accounting skills and grow with the company.
- Are you a Practice Accountant with practice experience in accounts production and tax planning?
- Do you feel stuck in your current role and want to play a key role in a small, growing practice?
- Would you love the opportunity to grow into the role of managing and training accountants?
- Do you value collaboration, community and making a difference?
Perhaps this is the role for you!
About the Practice & Role
In this role, you’ll join the Co-Accounting team of 5 (so far), and you will be supported by an Assistant Accountant. From a beautiful, bright and peaceful office, the firm enjoys helping small business owners to achieve their goals. This position is focused on working with the accounts production team for the timely and accurate completion of accounts and tax returns, tax planning and ad hoc client queries related to their accounts and tax.
Specific your role as Accountant, you will use your existing skills and experience to:
- Prepare accounts, corporation tax returns, VAT returns, P11ds, and self assessments
- Assist with personal and business tax planning for clients
- Support the Director in managing and upgrading the systems of the accounts and tax department
- Assist the Director for the delivery of business and personal tax planning for clients
- Liaise with clients for the above functions
- Assist with administrative tasks in the Practice as may be required
Practice systems include: Google Workspace, Xero, Dext, Practice Manager, Xero Tax, Inform Direct
What you ideally bring to the table
- AAT Level 4 (minimum) or ACCA qualified (newly qualified is welcome)
- Proven experience working in a practice environment
- Strong proficiency with preparation of statutory accounts, corporation tax, VAT returns, self assessments
- Solid working knowledge of Xero and Xero Tax
- Ability to learn quickly and excellent attention to detail
- High levels of professionalism and genuine interest and care for the small businesses we serve
- Good communicator, with solid interpersonal skills to maintain good relationships with clients and colleagues
- Legally authorised to work in the UK
- Available to start immediately and live within an hour’s commute of West Dulwich
What’s in it for you?
Work for a growing practice with a focus on supporting small businesses in the South London area. Career progression is readily available, with the chance to become a Senior Manager of the practice.
- Position: Accountant
- Hours: 30-35 hrs (9am-5:30pm), M-F with some flexibility on start and finish time
- Location: West Dulwich, South London with 2-3 days in office and 1-2 days remote
- Salary: £35,000 – £50,000 (DOE)
- Benefits: Pension, Health Cash Plan with Employee Assistance Plan, Cycle to work scheme, Flexible Hours, Growth Shares
If you’re excited by the idea of making a difference to small business owners and the South London community, we can’t wait to hear from you. Apply today!