Accountant – Greenwich or Kent (Remote)
Are you an experienced accountant with extensive client-facing experience and familiarity with supporting construction, trades and service-based businesses? Do you want to join a thriving and profitable firm? Our accounting practice client is actively seeking an Accountant to join their Greenwich and Kent-based firm in a remote but very important client-facing role.
About the role
You will work closely with the Director, speak to clients, and work to a high technical standard on client work. The practice caters to a fantastic portfolio of mostly construction and contractor clients while also offering outsourced finance team and finance director services.
In this role you will:
- Deliver the client service level agreements with quality and to a high technical standard so there are no mistakes or client complaints about quality of work (Year End Accounts, Personal Tax Returns, Management Accounts, ad hoc queries, etc.)
- Work with clients to gain a high client satisfaction score and minimise client churn
- When necessary, review the work of more junior members of the team or outsourcer to ensure the work goes out to the client right the first time.
- Adhere to the firm’s client care policy
- Develop and manage turnaround time to a target agreed upon with the Director
What you bring to the table
- ACCA qualified
- 4+ years of experience working within a practice
- Proven experience of confidently working in a client facing role
- Strong proficiency with Xero
- Proficiency with Syft, Futrli, Capitalise or other similar platforms is a bonus
- Well-versed in CIS and other finance and tax aspects related to the construction industry
- Highly experienced in all things VAT related
- Laser attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Confident in sharing your ideas
- You are ideally in Greenwich or in the Greater London Area
- Must be in the United Kingdom and be legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom
Should you currently be self-employed with a client-base, our client would be open to discussion of bringing your client base over if this is something you wished to do.
What’s in it for you?
- Role: Accountant
- Location: Remote, UK (Greenwich or Chatham (Kent) area preferred, but not mandatory)
- Position: Full time, permanent, employed
- Salary: Up to £50,000 DOE
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we’d love to see your CV — apply today!